Q: Do I need to have previous teaching experience to be hired at a private school in Korea?

A: Not necessarily. As long as you have a Bachelor’s degree from one of the seven designated English-speaking countries and have a bright, inquisitive nature and a genuine desire to teach, you have a strong chance of finding a job.


Q:Are there short-term contracts?

A: Shorter term contracts do exist, but are much harder to find. If short-term opportunities become available, we will advertise them but most of the positions we have available are for 12-month periods.


Q: What should I do if I just want a job in a specific location?

A: It’s good to know what you want, however, the more flexible you can be about location, the more opportunities you will have. The teachers who find jobs quickly are the ones who are open to experiencing different locations. While we can’t guarantee an opening in the location of your choice, we will do our best to place you there if a position becomes available.


Q: Why do I need to send in my photograph with my resume?

A: Most teachers who apply for these jobs are living on the other side of the world.  Employers must make a decision about whether or not to hire you without having a face-to-face interview with you. That is why it’s important that your photo be clear, bright, and professional-looking. This way you make a great first impression!


Q: How soon should I begin gathering my visa documents after I apply with you?

A: Immediately. Some of the documents you need to prepare in order to get an E2 Visa are quite time-consuming, especially the Criminal Reference Check (CRC). The sooner you can have your documents in order, the more attractive you are to prospective employers.


Q:How is the pay calculated?

A: The salary for an ESL teacher in Korea is among the highest in the world. Your Salary will differ from contract to contract, but is usually between 1.9 million to 2.4 million won on average per month. Sometimes we have positions with a higher salary range for teachers with exceptional experience and education.


Q: Do I have to pay for my accommodation or my flight?

A: No. Your employer will cover the cost of your flight to and from Korea, and accommodation will be provided for you. (Usually a single furnished apartment.)