If you are applying for a Public School job, this certificate will qualify you for a higher pay bracket, as well as make you a more attractive, competitive candidate. Why not increase your chances of being hired and at the same time, guarantee yourself a better salary? Remember that for EPIK Public School positions, you must complete the program before your teaching contract/semester starts. We strongly recommend that all EPIK Public School applicants get a TESOL/TEFL certification.
If you are applying for a Private School job, a TEFL/TESOL certificate tells employers that you are serious about a position and dedicated to the ESL teaching field. We suggest that our teachers get a certificate before the school semester starts, so you can get a higher salary starting at the beginning of your contract. However, if you finish the course during the semester, your pay will be raised from the month you submitted your certificate. There are many TESOL/TEFL programs out there, but we recommend this 120 Hour TESOL/ITTT course to you.
Why does PlanetESL recommends ITTT TESOL/TEFL Program?
- Certification only costs $299 and you can complete the course online at home, in just 3-4 weeks.
- This program has demonstrated that it is excellent at corresponding with the teachers and quickly providing their certificates and letters of enrolment, (required for EPIK teachers as part of the hiring process).
- Legitimate and essential curriculum provided by an experienced company that has been training ESL teachers for over 10 years.
- Each trainee will receive the course materials at their own individual email addresses and they will each receive a free course in either Business English or Young Learners.
- Teachers finish this course more quickly than some of the other programs.
- All the course units will be sent via email in the form of PDF and RTF documents, there is also a downloadable video that accompanies the courses.
- Internationally recognized and respected program. ITTT is the ONLY online TESOL course provider externally accredited and moderated by IATQuO (International Accreditation of TESOL Qualifying Organizations).
- This TESOL/ITTT program will correspond with us directly, making it easy for us to obtain your completed certificate and pass it on to your school.
How does ITTT TESOL/TEFL program benefit you?
Course graduates will have an awareness of the skills required to be a successful English teacher, including English grammar and teaching techniques. First-time teachers will feel more confident in the classroom, and experienced teachers will broaden their skills. The 120 course is made up of 20 unites or modules, selected to gradually build up student’s knowledge. Work at your own pace!
120-hr TEFL course with tutor & videos (+ free additional teaching certificate)
Our 120-hour online TEFL certificate course is a popular option as it provides you with high-quality course materials and results in an online TEFL certificate that is recognized and accepted worldwide. Another reason for its popularity is the fact that you are able to work through the course at whatever pace suits your personal circumstances and learning style. You will also have access to our unique career support service throughout your EFL teaching career.
Once you have completed the application process for the 120-hour course, we will send you an email containing the details you will need to log-in to your personal, restricted area of our online training course system. From this area you will be able to access the course materials which you can either study online or download to your personal computer.
When you feel you have fully absorbed the materials for the first unit, your understanding of the contents will be evaluated before you move on to the following unit. After you have successfully worked through all the units, you will graduate from the course and receive your 120-hour online TEFL certificate.
If you decide to take the tutored option you will receive ongoing support and assistance from our experienced online tutors throughout the length of the course. At any time during your studies you will be able to contact an experienced online tutor with any questions or problems you may have. The tutor will then respond to your queries via email within one working day.
TEFL Course Aims
Our 120-hour online TEFL course gives you a full introduction to the world of Teaching English as a Foreign Language. Once you have completed the course, you should have developed a good working knowledge of English grammar and a variety of teaching skills and techniques that will help you to present interesting, relevant and well constructed lessons in the classroom.
TEFL Course Content
The 120-hour online TEFL course covers two distinct areas. Roughly half the course is focused on subjects related to teaching skills that are required in the EFL classroom, this includes teaching theories and methodologies, classroom management, lesson planning and how to test and evaluate the progress of your students. The remainder of the course is based around the subject of language awareness; this covers all the main areas of English grammar such as the parts of speech and the tense system, as well as other items such as pronunciation.
These subject areas have been divided into twenty separate units that are designed to gradually develop your knowledge, without overwhelming you with too much information. Due to this design, you should find that you are able to comfortably work your way through the course at whatever pace suits you.
120-hour TEFL Certification Course Units
- Introductory Unit
- Unit 1: Teachers and Learners
- Unit 2: Parts of Speech
- Unit 3: Theories, Methods and Techniques
- Unit 4: Present Tenses
- Unit 5: Managing Classes
- Unit 6: Past Tenses
- Unit 7: Teaching New Language
- Unit 8: Future Tenses
- Unit 9: Lesson Planning
- Unit 10: Video Lessons
- Unit 11: Teaching Receptive Skills
- Unit 12: Teaching Productive Skills
- Unit 13: Teaching Pronunciation & Phonology
- Unit 14: Course Books and Lesson Materials
- Unit 15: Evaluation and Testing
- Unit 16: Conditionals & Reported Speech
- Unit 17: Equipment and Teaching Aids
- Unit 18: Modals, Phrasal Verbs and Passive Voice
- Unit 19: Teaching Special Groups
- Unit 20: Troubleshooting
The course is designed to give you as much flexibility as possible. You will have up to six months to complete all the course units, and within this time frame you can work at whatever pace you feel comfortable with.
120-hour TEFL Certification Course Videos
In addition to the high-quality written materials that you receive with this course, our tutored version also includes access to a series of stimulating and relevant video lectures presented by our experienced TEFL trainers. This combination of video and written material provides you with comprehensive coverage of both EFL theory and practice that will be invaluable to novice teachers, as well as those with more experience. The subjects covered in the videos for this course include:
- Teachers and Learners
- Parts of Speech
- Theories, Methods and Techniques
- The Present Tenses
- Classroom Management
- The Past Tenses
- The ESA Methodology
- The Future Tenses
- Lesson Planning
- ESA Demonstration Class 1
- ESA Demonstration Class 2
- Productive and Receptive Skills
- Pronunciation and Phonology
- Phonology Class Demonstration
- Course Books and Materials
- Evaluation and Testing
- Teaching Special Groups
- Conditionals and Reported Speech
- Modals and Passive Voice
Post-Course TEFL Job Guidance
At ITTT we pledge to give you all the assistance we can to help you secure a job upon completion of your online TEFL course. These support services include:
- TEFL CV/resume writing.
- How to find TEFL job vacancies.
- How to effectively apply for TEFL jobs.
- Interview preparation.
- Free downloadable teaching materials and lesson plans.
We provide these services to you indefinitely throughout your teaching career.
120-hour TEFL Certification Course Special Offers:
If you sign up for our 120-hour, online TEFL certificate course with tutor support before the end of this month, you will receive an additional, specialized certificate course free of charge. You have the option to choose either our Certificate in Teaching Business English (CTBE) or our Certificate in Teaching English to Young Learners (CTEYL).
15% Discount on Any ITTT Course you choose by PlanetESL-ITTT Partnership